Sunday, November 22, 2009

Why I hate Running

Because it sucks. No one really likes it. I dont care what they tell you. Anything you have to convince yourself you like doing: smoking...drinking hard alcohol...eating White Castle... probably isnt good for you in the long run...ick a pun. Running fits into this category I do believe. I have been told I have to train my body to like it. But I ask you this...why? Why should I make my body like doing something it hates? Roughly once a year, I run a 5K. Mostly because some of my friends like running, and I get sick of feeling left out. The day after each 5K, I literally cant walk. Also, during each 5K, I consistently get passed by 75 year old women, 3rd graders, men pushing strollers full of children, and people in wheelchairs. This doesnt really do anything for my self esteem. I recently ran a Halloween 5K. As I came around a bend, I saw a huge orange archway that said "Finish". I sprinted towards it, passed it & stopped, at which point 73 people screamed at me to keep running, get out of the way, this is the 10 mile run finish line, not the 5K finish.....so. Like I said, running is for suckas.

No comments:

Post a Comment